SMZ3 Cas’ Randomizer
“This is the cas'est version of the rando you’ll ever see.”
— Diabetus, 2021
The SMZ3 Cas’ Randomizer is a fork of the original Super Metroid & A Link to the Past Crossover Randomizer. It’s aimed at making it a more approachable and casual experience by removing some decidedly uncas’ elements such as IBJ.
A Windows installer for latest version of the SMZ3 Cas’ Randomizer can be found on the GitHub releases page.
In addition to making IBJ completely optional, there is also:
Integrated voice-enabled item & location tracker;
Built-in MSU-1 support for custom music packs;
Item Quickswap in A Link to the Past based on a contribution that never made it in;
More logic customization options;
Sprites made by members of Diabetus’ community and others:
The Cas’ Randomizer is currently in active development and can be found on GitHub at Vivelin/SMZ3Randomizer.
- Captain Novolin replacement sprite for Super Metroid by PaddyCo
- Rash replacement sprite for Super Metroid by Fragger
- Captain Novolin replacement sprite for A Link to the Past by Fragger
- Non-Binary Samus sprite for Super Metroid by Glove
- Trans Samus sprite for Super Metroid by TarThoron
- Shaktool and Shaktool Jr. Samus sprites for Super Metroid by Pneumatic
The original repository can be found at https://github.com/tewtal/SMZ3Randomizer.